Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-02-2004 , 11:35 AM

Maya Vector/ Flash

Hi folks, I'm just trying out the maya vector render (maya 5) and i rendered out a spinning cube, and the output was a .SWF file.

This is all fine, the .SWF plays in a browser, but i wanted to know, how do I output flash rendered _objects_?

Say I want to render a sprite for a flash game I am making, and I want to render it out as a vector/flash render, then open it in Flash and edit it, assign things to it, etc.
I tried opening the .swf in flash5 but it only plays as a movie. I can't actually grab the cube and place it, or affect it in anyway.

Is there a way to use maya to render vector/flash objects/items so they can be opened indivudually and edited as objects in a flash program?

thanks for your time

Adam.

# 2 28-02-2004 , 07:20 PM
You need to Import the .swf into Flash, not open. Go to File > Import to Library, select your .swf file, and then it'll show up in your Library so you can do what you want with it.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job