Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 26-08-2004 , 05:33 AM

Head

Well I have been away for quite some time now but I had the time to work on this female head, lots of hours of tweaking

What do you guys think?

cheers

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Amir_Unreal; 26-08-2004 at 05:36 AM.
# 2 26-08-2004 , 05:34 AM

Another shot

And here's a side shot

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 26-08-2004 , 05:18 PM
Run!! IT'S SIGOURNEY WEAVER!!!

lookin good user added image

# 4 27-08-2004 , 07:31 AM
Hi,

I'm not an expert on facial modeling, but the nose seems a bit pointy, and the space between the bottom of the nostril and the top of the upper lip should be shortened.

sjlocke

www.digitalplanetdesign.com
# 5 27-08-2004 , 07:42 AM
It seems also that her ears are a little too flat, maybe they should come out a little more so you can see them. Ears are never that flat against a head.

# 6 27-08-2004 , 07:59 AM
Hi again,

I would lower the eyes and the nose entirely, and bring the eyes closer together.

sjlocke

# 7 27-08-2004 , 10:02 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Dude
Its a good start. A couple of things really. As we all know a head is probably the most difficult thing to build in any 3d programme, so my first thing is, are you using reference of anyone in particular? This is an absolute must in order to get proportions right. Looking at your head, I reckon that the mouth is too low down toward the chin, it needs to come up as its making it look a vacant. Also I would say that the nose is very pointy, a bit too caricature unless you are going for a stylized look. And as the dude above says the ears are a bit flat.

I would also have a look in a mirror whilst working on this and study your own face, see where everything sits space wise with each other. The eyes are almost placed in the centre of the head as a rule and the ears at the top line up with the brow/ upper lids and the lower ear line falls just below the tip of the nose.

As I said its a great start but these are what I would say needs doing.

Cheers
_J

# 8 27-08-2004 , 09:53 PM

Thanks for the comments

Well you guys are right about what you say, the nose is pointy the eye lids are too separated now that i notice and it kinda needs that something to make it look realistic, yep i used reference images but it's really hard work i messed up about 20 times, i used the extrude edge and split poly tool to build her from scratch, about the ears yep i haven't noticed that but theyre too flat, about all the tweaks that she needs do you guys now of a tool that makes it more easy to modify the geometry without making to many tweaks and separating and deleting geometry?, which by the way is high poly and not very clean user added image

thanks again for the comments appreciate it

# 9 28-08-2004 , 12:34 PM
Here's a head I was working on, but never finished, of course.

sjlocke

Attached Images

# 10 28-08-2004 , 05:20 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Amir

Its always best to keep the Geometry as lo as possible then you wont have these sort of problems. Have a look at a head I did a little while ago. One is called Girl Character ( I think) and another called Sheriff Character and also Henchman. They may help.

Later
_J