Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-02-2005 , 06:16 AM

UV Mapping: Transferring UV Coordinates Help

I have a model that is not rigged, instead it is modelled in pose, as I am not real good at rigging and have no intention of animating. I duplicated the model and moved the verticies around to a position more suitable for unwrapping, unwrapped the character and tried to transfer the UV's back to the posed model. when I hit transfer I got an error in the script editor that reads as follows:

polyTransfer -vc 0 -uv 1 -v 0 -ao unwrap_export:barb_unwrap_meshShape polySurfaceShape88;
// Warning: Can't perform polyTransfer1 on disabled selection //
// Result: polyTransfer1 //

I cannot for the life of me figure out what this means, and I have spent about an hour trying to rectify the problem. The history has been deleted on both objects, and their vertex, face and edge count are identical so I didnt accidentally delete a face. The unposed unwrapped character was being worked on in a different file so it has been imported (perhaps i exported it incorrectly?)

If anyone could help me fix this it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

# 2 03-03-2005 , 12:35 PM
well user added image , your selection is disabled (no idea ! user added image) >>>>GENIUS<<<<

thats right guys, sherlock holmes is here