Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 26-07-2005 , 04:49 PM

Lava-like Fluids...

i am working on an animation that requires, an india ink bottle be knocked over and for the ink to flow outward and spread across the table in a controlled manner...

...would it be possible for someone to point me in the right direction, or maybe someone knows of a tutorial that describes a similar event like lava, and/or thick gel of some sort.

...i am new to fluids and fluid containers so any help would be greatly appreciated user added image

Last edited by graphik; 26-07-2005 at 07:06 PM.
# 2 02-08-2005 , 04:21 PM
Well..that's what I'm looking for also!
Guess we have to wait a bit more.:hug:

If the worst hasn't happened yet, that's because you haven't tried everything yet!
# 3 23-08-2005 , 01:47 AM
Ah, I think I know. Mtmckinlley has some great tutorials on his site about fluids. They are definitely worth a look. user added image

Cheers,
Leouser added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 4 26-09-2005 , 08:38 PM
I totaly agree with the above poster, https://www.mtmckinley.net/

Mike has a great basic blobby liquid tutorial that would be perfect for this!!!
Just change a few settings to the attenuation make the particles move slower as the ink comes to a stopuser added image

Dont be afraid of mike because he has a beard...
He's really a cool guy, once you take away his chainsaw, and wash his victims blood from his handsuser added image hehe....
(jk mike!)

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com