Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-12-2005 , 09:23 AM

reflecting paint effects not wonted.

I am making this map in maya for unreal and I whanted to make a outdoor sence that has a mountine in the middal that you can clime on, but when I was using the 3d paint tool and I started painting and it started just to paint in certain areas and reflected on other parts on the terrain that I did not wan't and I don't know how to fix it. user added image

Can someone help me?

# 2 27-12-2005 , 12:19 AM
Subscriber
hi there,
It possibly sounds like you didn't map your uv's first. If you are using polygons, the UV's need to be mapped inside the 1:1 image map. If you never done uv mapping, you can do a search in here as well as google which you would want to lookup unwrapping uv's.

As for the reflections, this sounds like you applied a blinn material or I think there is also PhotonE material that would do the samething. I don't know too much about photonE materilas but a blinn material has extra attribute channels that allows your objects to have reflections and/or be shinny where as a lambert is a standard material node. IMHO, I would go for a lambert for your mountians which should not create any reflections.

# 3 27-12-2005 , 05:59 AM
Subscriber
Open the brush tool attributes and turn off the mirror stroke option.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."