Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 09-04-2006 , 12:47 AM
Subscriber
Alright Reds not going to be the color of the pins. Im going to do them silver with a carbon fiber hood but I showed them in red so you can see it with that car color. Alright, im trying to see if they should be bigger or smaller. Im not sure but I do know they arent the right size. Hmmmm

Dilbert, I moved the bumper down so you can see the crease more, I didnt do the hood yet but U can see the blackness in middle form the hood to the bumper. A little but more or does that seem about right

Attached Thumbnails
# 17 09-04-2006 , 02:57 AM
That's better. Now do the same on the side of the hood where it meets the panel. Also, tweak the CV's along the front of the car to get a smoother curvature. There's a couple of bumpy areas. Sometimes it's a matter of tweaking a CV by a pixel or two to get it perfect.

# 18 09-04-2006 , 03:49 AM
Subscriber
Thank Dilbert, Ill work on it.0 I really appreciate you crits and comments. Its helping me out soo much

Ok, so this is the rod for the Carbon Fiber Splitter. SOrry for the huge render lol I didnt realize it until I was giong through my pics.

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 19 09-04-2006 , 09:13 PM
Subscriber
So I rounded off the hood and I must say DIlbert, it made my model look 12X better. I didnt realize it wasnt round until I looked at the wire but it looks correct now. well more to come. I textured one turnsignal right now lol slowy but surly

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 20 09-04-2006 , 09:20 PM
Looks like a good start mate. I might change the background color, but other than that, I like what you have done so far.

# 21 09-04-2006 , 10:44 PM
Yes, it looks much better in my opinion. The gap in between the hood and side panel is crisper, and the rounded surface looks better. I would even sharpen up those edges a touch more, but that might be a taste thing. Usually I make my edges a little sharper than what is reality just to make them clear and avoid that "play-dough" car look.

# 22 10-04-2006 , 04:01 AM
Subscriber
Ok so This is a shot of how the carbon fiber splitter & rods are going to look on the car.

DONT MIND THE CHEEZY MATERIAL lol. I dont feel like tyring to figure out the texturing yet until im done modeling so until now, I just threw the CF material but it will be changed.

I have the grill and the intercooler behing it. On my eclipse, I have just the intercooler with no grill so I was wonding what everyones opinion is. Should I go grill with intercooler behing or no grilll. If I go gril, I will make it so you can see through it better

give me comments. Remember, this is just a render to give an idea of what im going for

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 23 10-04-2006 , 05:41 AM
Can you post a nice clay, or just plain greyscale render. The HDRI is starting to detract from the modeling. You can't evaluate the surfaces for bumps and stuff with the reflections. It's just starting to get confusing on the eyes.

# 24 10-04-2006 , 07:28 PM
Subscriber
wow i have to say you are very good. i wish i could model that well ..after second attempt ...cant wait to see progress .

# 25 10-04-2006 , 10:29 PM
Subscriber
mmoore5553 Thanks for the compliment. I still have alot of work to do as you can tell from my comments but thanks to everyone on here, im taking in everything and using everyones comments as a learning expierence. THANK

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 26 10-04-2006 , 10:45 PM
First of all: good job. Looking good.

Now onto the comments: might want to throw in a bump map for the carbon fibre, but apart from that, good job!

But listen to Dilberts, he really knows what he's talking about

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 27 10-04-2006 , 11:17 PM
Subscriber
Yea, I dont plan on keepin that carbon fiber like that. It was just a tester so ppl can get an idea of what im trying to do with this car. For future shots until I finish, im earsing that Mat until I get to the texturing of it. right now, im in the process of looking for a model of this car that has been turbocharged so I can start workin on the engine and headlights

Dilbert, whats a good way to go about doing the headlights. They seem like the toughest part so Im curious.

Also, does anyone know how to make nice tubes. I want to make headers and they have alot of bends and curves. Whenever i try to do that with a cylinder, I get a horrible curve so im looking for a easy way to do something of that nature. I want very curvey tubes. Thanks

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 28 11-04-2006 , 10:14 AM
Subscriber
Alright everyone, the next 2 weeks are going to be very slow for me. I was in class last night and didnt realize that we only have 2 weeks left in the semester. WOW I hate school so for the next couple of weeks, Im giong to be working on a zelda game done in flash for my game authoring class. hopefully i have some free time because I want to finish soooo bad but its tough but we will see what happens. well, hope to see everyone one in a couple week.

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 29 12-04-2006 , 04:54 AM
Subscriber
heres just a quick shot of the doors, roof, & QP ive been working on

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 30 12-04-2006 , 04:56 AM
Subscriber
I know I need to make the seems more visible(especially form the door to fender), Im not actually done, but I wanted to do one last render sicne I wont be working on it for a couple of weeks.

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360