Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-05-2006 , 09:14 PM
Subscriber

Eyes for Yeti

Hi there!

Iv been plugging away at the yeti tutorial and have gotten quite far which im very surprised with as im a relative newbie! Just one small problem, the eyeballs of the yeti in the tutorial seem to be textured and it is not explained how this is done.

Any help on how best to texture the eyes would be most helpful! Thanks in advance!

# 2 18-05-2006 , 08:12 PM
Subscriber
Anyone? user added image

# 3 18-05-2006 , 08:20 PM
You could use a ramp texture and assign that to the colour node of the material (but use one that gives blocks of colour rather that na liniar ramp etc).

Where abouts in Manc are ya from?

Last edited by gster123; 18-05-2006 at 08:23 PM.
# 4 18-05-2006 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber
Hi gster123!

Yeh, that sounds like a gud idea... iv not tried it before but seen a tutorial of it somewhere... thanks for that anyway!

Im from Withington. How bout u? How long have u been in 3d (ummm not literally ofcourse! :p)

# 5 18-05-2006 , 08:39 PM
Salford lad!

Been using maya for gettin close to a year in July/Aug I started to use it for my final year project at uni. But i've been using it so much more than just for the work, damm addicted to it now!!

Do a search on this forum for the eyes as I think some one posted how to do it.

# 6 18-05-2006 , 08:48 PM
Subscriber
Cool! I assume u go to salford uni. I only found out that they did animation courses after i went all the way to study in middlesbrough! user added image

The uni and course was wicked but the place was complete shite!

Anyway, iv tried searching for it on this forum but with no luck. I wud appreciate it if u cud point it out if u spot it again. Cheers mate!

# 7 18-05-2006 , 08:56 PM
Nah, I go to man met, well last time i go will be on monday!!!!!!!!!!

At least for an exam!!

https://www.3dluvr.com/rogueldr/tutorials/eye/eyes.html

this is an absolute jem of a tutorial (in my mind), and its got a link to a tutorial on a very realisitc eye.

Hope it helps you out.

# 8 18-05-2006 , 09:01 PM
Subscriber
That tutorial looks fantastic! Thanks for that mate!

Oh Man met, wot course are u doin? Wot have u got planned when u finish (career wise i mean)

Sorry for being so nosey! :p