Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 03-06-2006 , 07:33 AM
Sorry m8 - I still can't get it to work user added image

I renamed the bounce2.zip to bounce2.mov and tryed to play it, then got a missing .png file error user added image

Shame corz I really wanted to see it....

"If you think you can or if you think you can't....... you're right!"
- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 32 03-06-2006 , 09:35 AM
Subscriber
I really like what you've been doing on this thread. The movement on the D is spot on, and the hand drawn effect you have on the hoop is very effective.

Keep it up,

Mat.

# 33 03-06-2006 , 10:11 AM
Subscriber
Sorry about this, how anoying:angery: I'll try to redo it this evening. I don't quite understand why it's not working.
Thanks for the comments happymat I apreciate it and hopefully I can feed you with more work soon

take it easy

# 34 04-06-2006 , 07:56 AM
Subscriber
ok this time for real, I tried on ather computers it works. And it is a real .zip archive, so no change of extension.

Attached Files
File Type: zip bounce.zip (140.6 KB, 140 views)
# 35 04-06-2006 , 09:28 AM
VERY COOL!! :attn:

Now tell me how it was done ! user added image

- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 36 04-06-2006 , 10:06 AM
Subscriber
simple, I made a letter, extruded it. Next you create a blendshape and move vertices until you get sort of a box form, or whatever you like. Than you have to create a box with the same measurements your letterbox has. line up their pivots and parent your letter to the box. Make your box a rigid body, throw a gravity field on it, create a plane or whatever and make it a passive rigid body.
Now because your letter is parented to a rigid body it does not have incoming connections on it's move and rotate which means you can animate it once your box has landed. But it will still follow and do everything your RB does. The last bounce and the blendshape transformation you than have to animate yourself.

Actually sounds complicated, but doing it is quite simple, and quick. user added image

# 37 04-06-2006 , 12:53 PM
Subscriber
Brilliant, cheers for the info on how it's done too. Animating text has never really appealed to me but I may have to give it a go now!!

Take it easy,

Mat

# 38 10-06-2006 , 10:25 AM
Subscriber
hey happymatt, great I got you interested.
Here's a little update, I know it's hardly type, but It's for the same project, so you'll get the bigger picture in a while. Here's my robot arm. It's going to be used to lift some letters about.

Attached Thumbnails
# 39 14-06-2006 , 09:35 AM
Subscriber
here are some shots from the intro movie I am rendering at the moment. All the boxes you can see will transform into letters at a later point in the same manner the I did the last bouncing letter. Each of those frames takes my computer about 10 minutes in average. And that's not even in production quality:angery: The last sequence was particulary bad, I was rendering for more than 24 hours and that's just for roughly 100 frames. Well, ther's nothing I can do about that at the moment.
To explain a little, the intro is basically a machine, treating those boxes and transforming them into letters.
C&C very welcome, but due to deadlines and enormous render times I don't think I can render anything again.

Attached Thumbnails
# 40 14-06-2006 , 09:36 AM
Subscriber
shot angle changes and the boxes approach the camera until they nearly fill up the frame with balck

Attached Thumbnails
# 41 14-06-2006 , 09:37 AM
Subscriber
robot arm grabs them, camera follows

Attached Thumbnails
# 42 14-06-2006 , 09:38 AM
Subscriber
same here

Attached Thumbnails
# 43 14-06-2006 , 09:39 AM
Subscriber
box gets placed on a spinning disc and the big box/press thing has a go at them

Attached Thumbnails
# 44 14-06-2006 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber
the last one, for now. If my computer doesn't melt while rendering I should have some updates pretty soon and hopefully the completed and composited animation within the next week.

Attached Thumbnails
# 45 14-06-2006 , 09:50 AM
I am actually very interested in see this thing finished. The robot arm is very cool - stylish yet simple. I also like the almost silhouette look to the latest renders.

user added image

- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios