Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-06-2006 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber

WIP 1970 Dodge charger finally here

Well, it has been a while since I posted any work here. So finally if anyone can remember when I had mentioned that I was starting to model a 1970 Dodge Charger, I have pretty much finished the modeling part and I thought I show off some of texturing. Also, thanks to the help with PureMorning, I was able to understand environment mapping does, and I thought I use it considering that the game engine I am using doesn't support reflections. Also, when looking please only look at the body paint and the front bumper. The headleads, windows, and any other textures that have the checkmap on it obviously are not done yet. Also I am upto too any crits or suggestions.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-06-2006 , 10:34 PM
Subscriber
... and the other side...

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 05-06-2006 , 10:37 PM
Subscriber
also, is it me, or is the number "12" backwards on the second image?

# 4 05-06-2006 , 11:43 PM
looking good but... i cant really say because its too dark.hope to see some more clear images.

# 5 06-06-2006 , 03:27 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mc-fleury
looking good but... i cant really say because its too dark.hope to see some more clear images.

yeah I noticed that too when I transfered this from my computer that has maya to this computer which I only use mostly for the internet. And the funny part is that I when I installed Photoshop, I ran the Adobe Gammer tool for it to adjust my monitor. Yeah, also I didn't think before not to use a black environment for my background camera, but still I mean that there was a difference between the two monitors. I will not be able to get arround to fix this until I get some prfessional help with using the adobe gammer tool, so I am hoping for the best, that at least for now, changing the camera's background will be enough and maybe when I get everthing into shockwave it will be different.

I got a long ways to go though considering that I want to do a 2006 Mustang, police car, reduce the polygons to my 1969 camera that I did before I knew about polygon counts for gaming, also add some filler cars, and build a race track. Heck, I feel like by the time I am done all this, my game engine would be so obsolite by then. On the other hand, I am just doing this for 2 reasons. 1 school project. 2. I want to finish learning about creating racing car games in shockwave.

Also, I am back to finishing up the textures for this car, and hopefully by tommorrow, I will have some new renders for yah, and move on to fixing my 1969 Camaro.

Later dudesuser added image

# 6 06-06-2006 , 03:32 AM
Looks pretty good junkyBob - I like it a lot. How many polygons did you use?

# 7 06-06-2006 , 04:29 AM
Subscriber
I have to say...atleast form those Two pictures you posted.. this car looks more like a 69 camaro rs, then a 70 Dodge Charger...
Maybe its the lighting and the angle of the pics..

G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 8 07-06-2006 , 06:47 AM
Subscriber
thanks for your comments guys. I been having some problems that I think I will have to remap my uv's because after moving some of the uv's, I now have a zero map area problem which doen's matter because my uv's layout looks too sloppy. I will put this aside for right now, becuase I do not feel doing uv mapping right now, and I like to see if I can start working on my camero.

BTW, my poly count is approx 4500, but I would of liked it a little lower.

# 9 08-06-2006 , 09:16 PM
Subscriber
ok, I have been working on my 69Camero, and let me tell you, it was a mess. I think it would of been easier to start over but I did not know that it was going to that much worked involved to reduce the polygon count. In addition, I had to kill one half of the car because the left and right sides of the front fender did not match. Also I am still working on the tires so all I could render that looked half decent was the body of one half of the car. So here is my latest work on the camero.

# 10 08-06-2006 , 09:17 PM
Subscriber
sorry I hit the wrong button

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 11-06-2006 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
ok, I actually moved back to my dodge car, I am pretty much finished modeling and texturing it. But I would not mind any suggestions or crits. My next goal is to work on my taxi car which I am going to try moding it out of a box instead building it in sections.

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 11-06-2006 , 11:21 PM
Subscriber
Also, I appolgize for posting twice, but I do not know how to post 2 files in one thread. So here is the back render

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 13-06-2006 , 04:31 AM
Subscriber
ok, so far whats going on is that I tried doing the box modeling method, and just like with human heads, I could never shape something out from a box. I allways have to draw it out with the create polygon tool which I am doing with my Taxi. So here is a clip so far.

... and btw, sorry about the rendered shot instead of a print screen shot, but for some reason the print screen is not working for me today.

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 13-06-2006 , 07:52 PM
Subscriber
hey man the dodge is lookin good

however i dont know if it was the pic but the rear texture looks a little blury/low res compared to the front

the engine scope on the hood looks good though

it is a little boxy but hey its a shockwave game

should be nice wen u make it into a game

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 15 31-08-2006 , 09:09 AM
Subscriber
haha dodge charger looks good...