Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 29-06-2006 , 09:25 PM

Can't play downloaded Tutorial.

Hi all!

I'm a newbie here obviously.

I just downloaded one video tutorial ( texture tutorial ) from the free video dowload section.

The site says the video will play in any player as long as I have downloaded the latest DIVx codec-- which I did along with the DIVx player.

But still, the video won't play! I used Windows Media; VLC player, Real, Quicktime, even the Divx player that I downloaded.

Another thing , the video file that I downlopaded has a .pl file extension ( windows says it stands for PERL.) Huh?!?

What should i do?

Help Guys!! Even to the people who run this site.

Thank you very much.

poomch3d.Hi all!

# 2 01-07-2006 , 10:45 AM
Subscriber
yeah the fie extensions r rubbish
not sure but try changing it to .zip an try to extract
or
to .avi an try to watch if its not a compressed foled but they usually download as one

might work but might not worth a try though

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 03-07-2006 , 12:49 PM
Senior Software Developer
Sounds like the link is actaully goosed or did you do a "Save Target As", this would explain why its a *.pl file. The site uses cgi (Common Gateway Interface) to handle downloads.

Go back and try again... Not much more anyone can do but that

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 05-07-2006 , 07:59 PM