Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 29-10-2006 , 08:00 PM

intel imac + maya: graphicship problem!?

hello,

i think i have a problem with my geforce7600gt (intel imac core 2 duo) when working with nurbs in maya:

the Control Vertices (pink colored) become invisible after i begin to rotate around a nurb-object. when i select an area where i guess CVs the selected CVs appear (yellow colored) and i can edit them as normal.

so...my questions:
- are there any openGL- or directX preferences in maya?
- where can i change the settings of my graphic-chip in mac osX?

thanks a lot!

flo

# 2 01-11-2006 , 08:51 PM
Hello,

Well I don't know much about Macs, but your problem could be becuase you are using a GeForce card, which Maya does not fully support, although this is debatable (some people have no problems, some do).

Anyways, Maya doesn't support DirectX (not good enough for a professional application like Maya) but you could tweak the OpenGL settings a bit by clicking on the box beside Views -> High Quality Rendering.

# 3 04-11-2006 , 08:37 AM

fixed

fixed it by installing bootcamp and running maya8 under XP...