Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 20-01-2007 , 01:33 PM

Ring of Fire demo... help

First of I am the newbie of newbie so im sure that most of my questions will be easily answered and more of a pain to most of you, so first off....SORRY! user added image
I am having problems following the Ring of Fire demo. I have listed the steps below where i have the problems at. I am using Maya PLE 5.0, maybe thats where my problems come in, but i dont have the $$$ to buy the full version yet. Thanks in advance all.

1. When the animation is run for the first time right after using the scale tool to make the ring at its maximum size, in the video the animation is about half the speed as mine is. As little as a problem as this seems for the correct affect of learning I would like to have it match that of the tutorial. I am sure that all of my animation preferences were set up to match that of the tutorial.
2. When the particle emission is created I have probably about 50% less particles that what the tutorial shows. I dont know if this is because my ring is expanding at about 3 times as fast as the one on the tutorial or if that has nothing to do with anything.
3. When we add a field so that the particles done seem to rise up on the Y-axis I notice that maybe there is already a field in mine??? My particles extend only on the posative and negative z-axis. And they expand in a line!! The tutorial shows a cool "cloud" that is created, where is my cloud?? user added image
4. I think that I will stop writing differences now because they are happening too frequently. Basically at this point in the perspective view when the animation is ran as the ring expands the intereior is filled with an amazing purple ring cloud of death ill call it. It looks really cool but on mine, i have no cloud of death i have only little dots, and i would say there are probably about 1/10th the number as there was when i first created the particle emitter.

# 2 09-02-2008 , 11:24 PM
Subscriber