Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 04-02-2007 , 01:26 PM

rope effect...

hi,
i wanna learn that how can i do a winch and rolling rope mechanism. I create a poly cyclinder for a winch and make it passive rigid and for the rope i also create a poly cyclinder but i want that when the cyclinder rotates in its axle, then the rope will begin to roll around the winch. Should i study on dynmics more or can do it with cloth?
Thnx...

# 2 04-02-2007 , 09:43 PM
If youve got maya unlimited, I would use a a hair folicle for it.

If youve goit complete then I would use a series of joints to make the rope with a smooth bind and then animate it from there.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 06-02-2007 , 09:18 AM
which one is easier and effective? as i understand dynamic is the hardest one user added image

# 4 12-12-2007 , 02:49 PM
hi

if i am using follicles for a rope, is there a way to attach weight (object) at the tip of the rope... so the it animates dynamically.

thank u