Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 23-06-2007 , 05:44 AM

My First attempt to actually texture something...

Hi, been wondering where I been? I got a 3D job doing movies, Sorry about my long time away...been super busy...hehe. No I havent died yet hopfully. Heres a render from me of a leather wrist band for an archer centaur who is done by another modeller in the company. Hope you like it and crits please. I'm doing the props and stuff for this project. PS: This is my ever first project that I actually seriously textured. As ppl know my renders as blue clay renders.... user added image hihi...See ya guys!

Thanks guys

Attached Thumbnails

May the force be with you

MSN: markjborg@hotmail.com

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 2 23-06-2007 , 06:46 AM
Subscriber
hey

y did u HDRI it?

not quite sure about the bump on the brown bit

it looks a little stretched at the top left hand side ( a little patch)

is this for a movie? if so some comps dont like work being posted on line without permission

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 23-06-2007 , 06:50 AM
no this is not for a movie user added image so dont worry. I cant say anything or show anything related to movies ect... that 'patch' comes like that in rendering, in the normal dev view its good.

May the force be with you

MSN: markjborg@hotmail.com

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 4 23-06-2007 , 08:08 AM
i like it, but maybe have some areas of the leather worn down, like this:

user added image

like when you see old leather couches with those lighter, kinda fuzzy leather spots. right now this leather looks brand-spanking new!
user added image

BTW, when abbreviating etcetera, its Etc, not Ect. lol

just saying ^_^

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 5 23-06-2007 , 08:35 AM
Subscriber
looks very good to me ...glad to see you are moving on with textures ..makes your work look 100 percent better but i agree some worn out look would do justice ..

Last edited by mmoore5553; 23-06-2007 at 08:38 AM.
# 6 03-07-2007 , 02:51 AM
Subscriber
Hey mark, looks cool ... only crits have been mentioned, about top left hand side, the texture looks stretched and there could be couple of warn out patches to give it that leather feel user added image

# 7 03-07-2007 , 03:27 AM
Looks cool! KUTGW!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 8 03-07-2007 , 06:27 AM
Subscriber
Looks better than anything I've ever textured! My one question concerns the silver parch. Is it supposed to be metal or leather? If it's silver leather it looks too metallic (just a BIT of toning down will help, IMO), and if it's metal then it looks (and bends) too much like leather!

Otherwise, pretty damn good! I barely noticed the corner patch everyone else is talking about!

"Ad astra per aspera..."