Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 01-08-2007 , 08:45 AM

Downloading Free Tutorials Problem

Every time I try to download a free tutorial I get sent to a error page that too many files are being downloaded. Every. Time. I check back in a few minutes, like it tells me to, but no luck.

Any suggestions? I apologize if this is not the correct forum for this and would really love it if someone can point me in the correct destination.

Welcome to my world. Now sit down and shut
up.
# 2 01-08-2007 , 09:22 AM
you can only download 1 file at a time, are you trying to download several at a time?

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 14-08-2007 , 04:31 AM
Subscriber
This same thing happens to me. I am not downloading any files and I try to get the bouncing ball tutorial, it says to many files being downloaded at this time, try again later. I get that every time as well...I have been trying to download that tutorial for about 3 days now.

I am thinking it is just a scam, for you to buy points and spend money on the website. I dont think any of the free tutorials are downloadable until you spend some cash...so technically they are not free at all then! Oh well, I guess thats life.

# 4 14-08-2007 , 05:12 AM
its not a scam!

you just joined us at a time in which we have ALOT of members.. that means alot of people are trying to download the free tutorials at the same time. the servers are too busy, therefore you cant download them immediately. its called a download que, and i am sure if you have ever downloaded something, you know what that means. its not their fault that their tutorials are downloaded alot, so dont blame them.
-Andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 5 14-08-2007 , 06:39 AM
Subscriber
I am not blaming anyone. Just seems to happen a lot, no worries. I will just keep on trying, or just eventually get it from another website.

Last edited by HaNdGr3NaDe; 14-08-2007 at 11:46 AM.
# 6 14-08-2007 , 08:50 PM
I just tested downloading the bouncing ball tut and it worked fine. Make sure you're not using any kind of download managers.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 7 15-08-2007 , 07:37 AM
Subscriber
Well, been trying to download any free tutorial all day yesterday and all day today. Gets kinda annoying when the only way you can download "free" tutorials is by spending money and becoming a VIP member.

# 8 15-08-2007 , 07:53 AM
Subscriber
it's not a scam. there is a que, you have to stand in line basically. Theres a lot of people from all different parts of the world downloading the free tutorials, because it doesn't cost money. The minute you pay for any points you become a VIP and you can download anytime you want. I was having the same problem when I first started coming here, then after I got the franky tutorial (after like 3 days of constant attempts) I finally just bought points, and it definitely wasn't a waste. I don't get how buying points for a tutorial that someone worked hard to create to help you learn is a waste of time.