Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-03-2008 , 03:09 AM

Texture problem: mi_car_paint_phen

So I'm using Mental Ray to render, along with caustics, global illumination, etc.

I keep having trouble with my "mi_car_paint_phen" textures and I can't pinpoint what's causing the problem. One minute they're looking good, then I'll make some changes and suddently it's super flat, using only the base color and ditching the "lit_color" and prettymuch all of it's detail.

Is this something that any of you have run into?

Is there a setting or node that I need to be paying attention to?

# 2 13-03-2008 , 03:28 AM
ah . . . as I'm reading more it's looking like I need to apply the "mi_car_paint_phen" to a material as a shader--right now I'm applying it directly to polygonal faces.

I'm reading up on what I can, but I could still use some tips if anyone can help out.

Any help?