Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-06-2009 , 05:36 PM
Ironegg

Real quick question . Vertex and edges.

Hey guys, simply question, no biggy. If i have multiple edges converging into one vertex, what tool, or operation do i use to separate them?

In my case i have six, i inserted an isoparm then realized, once it was pretty late in the game, that it wasnt really what i wanted. Im not trying to delete it, but it just seems like a pretty quick thing- to separate three from three.

If snapshot would help lemme know.
Thanks guys!

# 2 29-06-2009 , 10:49 PM
Super Moderator
Isoparms and vertices? Whaa? What are you using NURBS or polys? If you're using polys, you can use the chamfer vertex operation, that's probably what you're after. :p

- Genny
# 3 29-06-2009 , 10:54 PM
Ironegg
oh crap! yeah sorry my bad, i meant that i had used the split polygon tool. Yeah i was just in nurbs and then converted to polys. But yeah chamfer was was one.

Thanks so much.