Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-01-2003 , 07:30 PM
Subscriber

first time

Hi this is the first attemped at modeling without any help from any tutorials im a bit stuck ..what approach should i take for the eyes

# 2 24-01-2003 , 07:31 PM
Subscriber

image two

second image

# 3 28-01-2003 , 06:22 PM
Subscriber
Hey, what I would do is delete out the polygons where the guys eye is and then take a sphere and size it to the eyeball (i cant really tell, you might already have those deleted).. then place it inside and where a eyeball would be and morph the eyeball to the eyelids or the other way around. If this is a horrible way of doing it then someone please correct me, seeing this would of course end you up with 2 more objects, one for each eye. You could then go about deleting polygons and welding it onto your mesh to make it one again. Oh, and if you are kinda stuck on the design for the mouth or nose, (it looks good to me tho, other then the line running down the middle) then take a peek at that starcraft species, i forget there name, not the zerg but the protozoans or something along that line. Ok, this is great man, cya later.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 28-01-2003 at 06:24 PM.
# 4 29-01-2003 , 10:35 AM
Subscriber
Nice 1 man your the only person to reply and i really appreciate it..Im working on the eyes and the split at the moment also ive designed the body on paper and will be getting stuck into it very soon ill keep u posted

# 5 29-01-2003 , 12:12 PM
Subscriber
modeling a face is tough - you got a good start on it - how about posting the sketch you're working from and showing wireframes as you go?

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 6 29-01-2003 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber
Yeah! Im curious about all those poly models. They apparently are made of but a few faces, yet show as a really smooth surface. Magic if you ask me.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 7 29-01-2003 , 10:55 PM
Subscriber
here is the sketch im working from .....

# 8 29-01-2003 , 11:43 PM
Subscriber
i dont know how to get rid of the seem any1 got the solution pls ....as iam starting to really enjoy this Maya programme

# 9 29-01-2003 , 11:47 PM
Subscriber

getting there

it is changing slightlyuser added image

# 10 30-01-2003 , 12:11 AM
Subscriber
very nice.... comparing the first picture to the last one, it's a really good improvement! just add the mouth and go onto Texturing user added image

-Emo

# 11 30-01-2003 , 04:01 AM
Subscriber
I love that sketch, I think it has that classical alien look to it.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 12 30-01-2003 , 02:33 PM
Subscriber
thanks guys

# 13 18-02-2003 , 01:35 AM
Subscriber
:O user added image... jeeze, and you just started maya? this is great! I just checked back now and you already had the eye modelled, and smoothed the face user added image. Are you still working on this (will you model the whole thing)?

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 14 18-02-2003 , 10:55 AM
Subscriber
probably will finish the whole thing in the near future at the moment apart from looking for a new job im working on the challenge comp and working on the t shirt comp and working on my website.....so its abit mad at the moment ....i started using maya a few months back now but had only followed the tutorials from simply maya to get used to the tool it really helps but im still not sure on a lot of things but hey we all start somewhere thanks for the feed back my man it encourges me to plod on user added image