Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 24-08-2011 , 06:13 AM

First organic model and UV Map

So this is goin to be my goblin I that will be a character in a project I'm workin on. This is the first organic model I have ever made and the first UV unwrapping I have done. It's a little iffy at parts especially the shoes but thats just a modelling issue I have, not the best modeler yet still a beginner. I have yet to model the head I've been doing it in steps

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 2 25-08-2011 , 05:20 PM
heres an updated version

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 25-08-2011 , 06:08 PM
The thin red line
Not bad for a first, try adding a few more edge loops to smooth out some of the hard edges on the body...........dave

# 4 25-08-2011 , 11:52 PM
Technical Director

Not bad for a first, try adding a few more edge loops to smooth out some of the hard edges on the body...........dave

Or try a poly smooth.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 26-08-2011 , 12:08 AM
well i'm slowly but surely trying to make this guy into a character for a small game i'm going to be making in UDK editor, so I want to keep the low poly count

# 6 26-08-2011 , 01:43 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
How many polys is he?

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"