Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-09-2011 , 07:11 PM

should i post-graduate or go to studio for experience first?

Hi!

I just completed my bachelors in computers art in animation and now that I am done, I have to decide whether to go abroad for post-graduation and come back and work in studios or go to studios first and work there and then go for post-graduation.

I have talked to a person who is in 3d business, (my field) he says that if i get to studio first there are chances i might not be able to get out and go for post studies since you get busy and it becomes harder and harder to leave and go. also if you want to be an artist go for post studies, if you want to be technician then sure go to studios.

i am quite stuck so i am trying to get opinions from animators, what should i do?user added image

# 2 14-09-2011 , 07:21 PM
The Nurb Herd
if you can get a job in a studio, why would you want to go back to do a post-grad? surely the point of going to uni is to get qualified to do a job.

# 3 14-09-2011 , 08:49 PM
if i get to studio now, it'd be like paid internee. may be later i get promoted to being an employee! thats why i said for experience!