Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 31 05-04-2012 , 02:17 PM
Thanks Dave.

I don't really set poly budgets on these high poly models. I am currently a little over 500,000 poly's smoothed (34,000 polys unsmoothed) and I still have the ammo box, ammo belt, and tripod to build.

I have no plans to make a low poly version. It's hard for me to get motivated to build low poly versions. Once I get the high poly done the thought of rebuilding over the top of everything and baking normal maps to make the low poly is not that appealing to me.

I also have a couple other modeling projects in the works.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 06-04-2012 at 01:30 PM.
# 32 05-04-2012 , 11:34 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Yeah, I start shaking if the poly budget goes under 20k user added image

Looks great. Very nice detailing. About all I can say really. Very nice modelling.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 33 06-04-2012 , 03:12 AM
Lifetime Member
really mint chav!!!! bloody hell I havent heard that for 25 years!!! LOL you just made me feel very old...I do agree though...fantastic detail!!

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes