Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 06-02-2012 , 01:17 AM

SpringIk and Global Control rotating! (solved?)

Hello!

I am rigging a baby raptor type cartoon guy, and came across a little issue where my leg springIk handles where doing a weird little doube twist whenever I rotated the global control. Now, this post was going to be requesting help, but while taking screenshots for it I had a brainwave!

Here is my outliner before.

user added image

The 'globalControl' is driving the 'globalMoveGRP' via the connection editor. All of my Iks, controls and bones work fine, except for the springIk on the legs;

user added image

Now, I thought I'd re-do the orientation of the legs bones, but that didnt do alot and messed up how the handle actually worked, but I noticed that while this new Ik was outside of the globalMoveGRP it followed the global control perfectly!

So here is the working outliner thingamajig user added image

user added image

I'm guessing this is just something weird about the Spring solver, or maybe it's just fixing something that I did wrong a few saves ago user added image

anyway, I hope this post makes sense, and isnt a waste of time! I'm not great at looking for help, but I sure didn't find much on this subject!

Thanks for reading, would love to know if you know of any better ways to get around this little quirk user added image

-Ste