Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 29-05-2012 , 04:57 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
Some small updates. I will have to use an occlusion map because the shadows look way too soft

Attached Thumbnails
# 17 29-05-2012 , 01:03 PM
Subscriber
Hey its looking nice. Some of the edges are looking a little too sharp though, might be worth bevelling some of the edges on the arms of the sofas and coffee table slightly. Are you going to add celling/interior lights also? Might get a little dark at night user added image

# 18 29-05-2012 , 04:06 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Ill add the lights when Im just about to finish the project. Im researching into ieslights so I want to see if they are a viable optio for an animation. I just need to smooth out the models they are actually all bevelled

# 19 29-05-2012 , 09:42 PM
Subscriber
oh ok cool. IES lights sounds like a cool option are they supported in mentalray or will you use a diferent renderer?

# 20 30-05-2012 , 05:51 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
Yup besides Im only skilled in mental ray

# 21 04-06-2012 , 10:04 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
Small update on the kitchen

Attached Thumbnails
# 22 05-06-2012 , 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
I'm still having issues with the couch, I think its also because the texture scale (for the fabric) seems really big, it's causing this kind of doll house effect. The materials need some tweaks, I see a lot of strong, crystal clear reflections, the tv and books are the biggest offenders (could shift those books around a bit so they aren't so uniformed).

- Genny
# 23 05-06-2012 , 08:44 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
now that yo mention it the reflection does seem too strong. Ill change that. What about the lighting do see if there is anything I can improve on?

# 24 06-06-2012 , 03:57 AM
Super Moderator
The lighting itself isn't bad, its just hard to take it all in and really gauge it since the shading is getting in the way and they go hand in hand. Like the counter top looks like its absorbing light, I've never seen a surface that dark. Also, I see inside the cabinets are reflective but the bar isn't, though it looks like the same shader, so might need to check the normals because its looking like raw wood. And a touch of AO wouldn't hurt, tighten up those corners a bit. Bah, done rambling.

- Genny