Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-05-2012 , 04:36 PM
Lifetime Member

Composite + Sound -> not Matching

Hi,

I just did a batch rendering of 1000 frames. All files are .tga
I did the facial mocap and applied the movements in all the locators.
So far so good and with all the skin weight painting done.

I then imported the image sequence in Premiere and imported just the voice sound.
It doesn't match the sequence. user added image

I'm wondering what techniques you use to remove the background noise (air sound) and apply the sound matching the animation sequence. Is there any special tricks? Should I even try all this in Maya?
Would love to know your thoughts and tricks.

Cheers and thank you.

# 2 07-05-2012 , 09:53 PM
The Nurb Herd
What frame rate is your animation and what frame rate is you audio?

# 3 07-05-2012 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber
Probably the Premier project isn't set properly. When you open new project make sure you have the same frame rate as in Maya, also resolution and pixels ratio (compare the general setting from rendering settings in Maya to the project settings in Premiere). If you drop the audio file in it should match perfectly.

Btw. how did you get that air noise in your sound file? Did you record it yourself? Just curious, I don't know how to clean it, but it shouldn't be too hard (as it's pretty common), you can do limited sound editing in Premier or you might want to try some specialize program.

# 4 08-05-2012 , 12:34 AM
Subscriber
does it match the sound then slowly get off sync?

As Honestdom said, check frame rates of both.

Yes sound has a frame rate as well.. which blew my mind when I first found out.

# 5 10-05-2012 , 03:55 PM
Lifetime Member
Thank you guys for the tips / tricks.

After testing many ways and spending quite sometime tweaking it, I came to the conclusion that the sound speed has been increased due to the software I used to add voice sfx. After some testing I can confirm that the speed of the sound has been increased slightly, but enough to make the big difference with the image sequence animation.

I used MorphVOX Pro to add special effects to the original sound, so it won't be me talking rather the Alien. However by doing that, it changed the voice speed faster.

So, what I ended up doing is import the whole facial mocap video into premiere and hide the video layer, keeping the audio only. After some tweaking, it's done. It now match 99.9%.

But now it raised another question, how do I change my video voice sound, to something like an alien, but without changing the original speed voice ?

Okay, here's the video with the mocap added and my own voice ...
This is only a draft test, go easy cowboys user added image

test - YouTube

# 6 11-05-2012 , 04:48 PM
Lifetime Member