Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-07-2012 , 02:41 AM

Can't call up Mel scripts

I only just recently started having an issue calling up my mel scripts. For example, I can't access abAutoRig or ekBlastCams, and I've checked and double-checked my spelling when I enter them in the command line. Has anyone encountered this before? I've restarted Maya and entered rehash in the command line, but that doesn't change anything; I still get the error code that the script can't be found, and they're definitely in the same source folder as usual. Thanks!

# 2 07-07-2012 , 11:18 PM
Super Moderator
So for example, if you ran...

source myMyMelFile;

And then started calling procs in that file, you still get the error?

- Genny
# 3 07-07-2012 , 11:24 PM
Yes, I'm still getting the error. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with a command I typed in a few months ago to pull up a blinn shader, because I didn't start noticing problems until after that. I also cannot access mentalRay or create shadows in my scenes. Do you think I need to do a reinstall?

# 4 08-07-2012 , 12:19 AM
Super Moderator
Hopefully you won't have to do anything so drastic. Try switching your pref folder out for a default and adding one of your custom mel files and trying again.

- Genny
# 5 09-07-2012 , 03:03 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try and see if that fixes it.

# 6 10-07-2012 , 03:03 PM
Thank you so much! That worked! And, I checked out your blog, which I will be returning to to read up on all the information you have there about lighting and materials, but I found the answer to my mental ray issue, so a double thank you to you! user added image

# 7 10-07-2012 , 06:09 PM
Super Moderator
Glad I could help!

- Genny