Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-07-2012 , 06:07 AM

[Help][Solved] No menu in UV Text Editor

user added image

As you can see in the image above, I'm using Maya 2013 student edition, wondering why isn't there a UV menu, so that I can do a UV snapshot...

By the way, is there any other way to do UV snapshot as well?

Thanks in advance.user added image

For anyone who have the same problem please do as Creck said:

Well, do not know where is the problem then, as I 've tried it and it worked as expected...you should also try to reset whole settings; go to Documents\Maya\2013-x64\ and rename prefs folder to prefs_old....then start Maya...

Cheers

Last edited by thanh293; 09-07-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Solved
# 2 09-07-2012 , 08:33 AM
Lifetime Member
Try maximising it? or if you hover over the 4 white icons on the main screen bottom left, then RMB you can change the viewport to perspective and UV editor, see if that works.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 09-07-2012 , 10:25 AM
user added image
user added image

Still does not pop out...nearly last stage of the model yet...so frustrating...thanks for the suggestions though.Any other ideas ?

Cheers

# 4 09-07-2012 , 12:30 PM
Great community
just open UV texutre editor and press shift+M; it should works well...

May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow.
# 5 09-07-2012 , 12:41 PM
Thanks for replying user added image

This is what happened...
user added image

I tried to press crl+M in the UV text editor as well but seems like the change only occurs for the main window...

Cheersuser added image

# 6 09-07-2012 , 12:55 PM
Great community
Well, do not know where is the problem then, as I 've tried it and it worked as expected...you should also try to reset whole settings; go to Documents\Maya\2013-x64\ and rename prefs folder to prefs_old....then start Maya...

May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow.
# 7 09-07-2012 , 01:13 PM
EduSciVis-er
Ctrl+m, shift+m, Ctrl+shift+m. Seeing as you've tried the other two, my bet is on the last one.

# 8 09-07-2012 , 01:33 PM

YOU ARE THE MAN user added image
IT WORKED NOW THANKS A LOT

Ctrl+m, shift+m, Ctrl+shift+m. Seeing as you've tried the other two, my bet is on the last one.

Thanks for your help as well, problem solved.

# 9 09-07-2012 , 02:39 PM
Great community
glad we helped you ... user added image