Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-10-2012 , 09:07 PM

how do i make both sides shine?

is there a way for me to make both sides on the picture i uploaded give off a shine? the background is set to dark/black and i added a light, but it seems that when i apply a blinn and try to increase the glow, it's only making the side that's being illuminated by the light glow. is there a way to make BOTH sides glow even though the other side is not receiving light.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-10-2012 , 09:24 PM
The thin red line
Create another light for that side...............dave

# 3 14-10-2012 , 09:32 PM

Create another light for that side...............dave

i knew i had to do that, but i was adding a planet in the back and i didn't want to add another light because it was going to remove that shadow i wanted the planet to have so it would kinda look like the moon at night.

# 4 14-10-2012 , 09:38 PM
The thin red line
You can do link lighting so you can turn off the light comming of the new light for the planet...............dave

# 5 14-10-2012 , 10:07 PM

You can do link lighting so you can turn off the light comming of the new light for the planet...............dave

you're brilliant! thank you very much. user added image

# 6 14-10-2012 , 10:12 PM
one more question, how can i make the light only affect those 2 faces, but not the whole object? would i have to cut the faces out and paste them separately?