Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-01-2013 , 10:07 PM

Error: Unable to load image

I'm trying to import a Maya ascii created in Boujou. It begins life as an image sequence generated in After effects for use in Boujou, then exported from Boujou using the Maya 4+ option. I can import the camera, but the image plane is blank and I get that error message.
I've tried exporting from After effects as both .jpg and .tga sequences before importing into Boujou. I've also tried batch converting to .jpg using Photoshop.
As any image from the sequence can be applied manually as a texture to a plane, I'm wondering if there is some compatibility issue between Boujou and Maya. I'm using Boujou 5.2 (I think) And Maya 2010 64 bit. I had no such problems in the past when I was using Boujou 4 (I think) and Maya 2010 32 bit. (Or possibly 2008. I don't do much motion tracking, so I don't remember which version of Maya I was using at the time)

Edit: the files are named : "Composition name"_00000 and so-on I dunno where the extra zeros come from. I know After effects has changed the way you export as an image sequence since I last used it. I dunno if that would cause it not to load. Any way to batch re-name to save me rendering again in AE?

Edit: I tried rendering the sequence in AE again, but having the sequence begin at 001. I re-tracked in Boujou, but it still wouldn't open in Maya

Last edited by xgabrielx; 23-01-2013 at 04:09 PM.
# 2 12-09-2013 , 03:57 AM
Banned
Please note that the commonly used image formats are all supported by imaging library, such as png, gif, jpeg, tiff and bmp. Here is my method to load image in c#:

public static REImage OpenImageFile(string filePath);
public static REImage OpenImageFile(string filePath, BaseDecoder dec);

# 3 14-11-2013 , 08:39 AM
Banned

Please note that the commonly used image formats are all supported by imaging library, such as png, gif, jpeg, tiff and bmp. Here is my method to load image in c#:

public static REImage OpenImageFile(string filePath);
public static REImage OpenImageFile(string filePath, BaseDecoder dec);

Hi there
Thanks for your sharing.I have tried this method.But i still can not load the image.It is obvious that you often load the image using an image program.I just want to know that is there any image program supports to work with windows 8.Thanks a lot.

# 4 03-11-2014 , 02:41 PM
I know it's been a long time since I asked the question, but I'll post the solution just for the record: The whole problem was merely that I was exporting the image sequence from AE with the first frame being called frame "0" instead of 1.