Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-01-2013 , 12:57 AM

Weird distortion at far distance

This is a very simple cylinder that is 4096 units wide. I have no idea why its jittering out like it is. If I move my camera closer it renders just fine but at this distance its ridiculous. I suppose I could work at a smaller scale and scale up later but these will be game assets and I'd prefer to keep it 1:1 from the get go.

My first thought was clipping plane on the camera but I've jacked that as high as possible to no-effect. I'm about to update my drivers but I'm not optimistic. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by wtbuser; 23-01-2013 at 01:00 AM.
# 2 23-01-2013 , 01:05 AM
Well not sure how to delete this, but friend just fixed it for me. It wasn't the far plane but it was the near plane! Changed it to 1 and it works. user added image