Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 14-03-2013 , 10:39 PM

maya UI colours

Hi,

we have a student at our university who is dyslexic and is having real problems with the maya interface. He says certain colour combinations make words easier to see.

Is it possible to widely change the UI colours easily? It maybe that pink with blue text is best for him. I don't want to radically alter every installation we have; ideally a mel or script he could carry with him, or something we could disable for other users or link to his ID/log-in.

thanks

j

# 2 14-03-2013 , 10:48 PM
EduSciVis-er
There is Window > Settings/Preferences > Color Settings, though that's mainly for stuff within the interface, not so much the framework itself. Then you can try this for a few default styles: https://3dg.me/3d-graphics/maya/how-t...r-and-ui-style
And finally you can try googling custom UI colors with QT in maya. QT is the framework with which newer versions of the maya interface are built.

# 3 15-03-2013 , 01:51 AM
thanks, this seems useful as it's a desktop shortcut if I understand it right, so it could be left on each machine for easy access. I'll look into QT coding - I'm sure it should just be hex codes or similar...?

I'm just fishing for replies here now user added image thanks stwert