Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 15-02-2003 , 05:40 AM
I started to ctreate a chain for my pocket watch.

I created a metal texture in PhotoShop and applied it.
It didn't come out as good as I hoped. user added image

Anyway, here is what the chain currently looks like.

- Matt
# 17 15-02-2003 , 06:12 AM
A different texture.

What do you think?

- Matt
# 18 15-02-2003 , 04:53 PM
If it's a gold watch, I wouldn't even bother with photoshop. You can do so much with materials in Maya alone. Click the word "pixho" in my other thread as it's actually a link but you can't really tell. Same goes for "video tutorial" in the lighting answer and "here" in the last line about A|W animating a clock. Anyway, if you click "pixho," it will take you to his shader page which has a metals collection....very nice ones from the look of it. Load it up and look at how it was created....the attribute editor for the shader you want to use...the graph network.

For a basic gold, just create a blinn material, change the color to a brown. Then, in the specular shading section, set the color to an orange or yellow and crank the saturation and value up a bit.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 19 15-02-2003 , 11:18 PM
Yeah I missed the PIXHO page. I've seen the silver shader somewhere else and I got it last night after I posted. I think that might be what I want.

Thinking maybe making casing gold and the hands silver. I don't know, just pondering.

- Matt
# 20 15-02-2003 , 11:22 PM
I just noticed something. If you close enough to the links, you'll see a darker line in the middle of each. I know why. Because when I created the links, I made 1/4 at a time and just duplicated and rotated. The different parts are overlapping.

Is there a way to remove this? Maybe Make the 4 NURBS one single object.

- Matt
# 21 17-02-2003 , 01:58 PM

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."