Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-11-2013 , 03:45 AM

How do I go about modeling this head?

Hi everyone,

I've new to modeling organic stuff & was wondering how can I model the figure's head in the image.
user added image
It took me 14 hours to do this pretty bad job :\... haha

user added image

# 2 03-11-2013 , 02:48 AM
Lifetime Member
Keep poly count REALLY low until you get the general shape. Then work from there, grab some of Jay or Kurts tuts to get a feel for it. Organics are hard...can you get any more reference images so you can rotate the head to a front on image? that would make life a lot easier.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 12-11-2013 , 08:22 AM
if you can try to draw this from the front and side view then import that to maya and use theese as reference pictures. then see tutorials on how to create head models user added image

if you end up with un-smooth areas like in the model you created you can smooth them out with the sculpt tool in maya

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^