Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-11-2013 , 01:52 AM

Weird vert selection problem

So I'm familiar with backface culling, camera far clip plane, and camera based selection, none of those seem to have any effect on my problem.

Here's a link to a video I took of the issue.

wtf - YouTube

Basically, in the side ortho view, I'm trying to select a perfect row of verts. I select all of them but the very last one. Trying on a different set of verts (a row that's not as long) I select them all just fine. I'm bewildered as to why this would be the case. Any ideas?

# 2 12-11-2013 , 03:25 AM
The near vert is most likely being clipped. unhide the camera (shift-h) and from the top view make sure the camera is inside the model. If so just move it out so the vert is not being clipped and this should fix things. you can then rehide the camera (ctrl-h)

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 14-11-2013 , 11:53 PM
Thanks! that seemed to work!