Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-11-2013 , 03:52 AM
Lifetime Member

How to change a bump map into a displacement map

Hi, I am trying to change a texture map on a fish model. It is currently a bump map...I want to change it to a displacement map, to make it look more realistic

could someone tell me how to do that. Hope this doesn't sound like to "Newbie" a questionuser added image

PS. I am using Maya 2013

# 2 19-11-2013 , 04:15 PM
SM Tea Boy
put the bump map in the displacement map slot of the shading group, add a mental ray sub div approximation node if necessary and you're done.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 19-11-2013 , 09:00 PM
Lifetime Member

Hey, Thanks.

put the bump map in the displacement map slot of the shading group, add a mental ray sub div approximation node if necessary and you're done.

Cool, I shall give it a try....Thanksuser added image