Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 21-01-2014 , 10:40 PM
Subscriber
OK - moved on to the legs today (not the shoes - plz dont judge them - they will be changing).
Started by painting the leg bare but did not like it. Again was happy with the UV`s. (cut in texture and uv`s was because I was doing stockings at the time and could not be bothered to reload a older file for screen grabs).

user added image

Then started playing with some ideas to cover them up.

user added image

Final leg texture.

user added image

Still looking for feedback about am I going to far from concept...

# 47 22-01-2014 , 04:07 AM
The Nurb Herd
I'd say she looks less scientist and more secretary now.

# 48 22-01-2014 , 12:46 PM
Subscriber
Well as long as its a sexy one hehehehehe

Dr Ref Video - YouTube

Just found a cut scene from the game - never got passed the intro myself - and there are some great shots of the back of this model, and I will not be changing mine back to that - its a mess. But one thing I did notice right at the end of the cut scene was this .....

user added image

She got boots on not shoes. mmmmm. All other videos/images of her never show her feet - well I guess I know now. Always pays to keep eye out for new ref.

Well plan for today was her arms anyway so I think about it for now.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 22-01-2014 at 01:32 PM.
# 49 23-01-2014 , 12:06 AM
Subscriber
Man I did not enjoy texturing the arms, UVing went OK and looked good with checkers but when it came to colour - to many seems to sort out errr. But they are done now. I also started on the boots.

user added image

user added image

# 50 30-01-2014 , 02:03 AM
You are nearly done. It is getting better and better . Will you rig and pose her?

# 51 31-01-2014 , 08:36 PM
Subscriber
Well still have a few bits and bobs to do yet.

1) skin shadder - happy with texture but need to sort out the shadder.
2) Boots
3) Eye details
4) texture the back pack
5) figure out the panels on the dress as i am not happy with them.

I will get her posed but full on rig I am not sure right now.

# 52 11-02-2014 , 04:24 PM
Lifetime Member
Looking the part Tweety....nice work. Wouldnt worry about a rig until the comps over and I have finished user added image basic pose rig would be enough.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 53 20-02-2014 , 08:25 PM
Subscriber
OK set up the scene for V-Ray now and loving how much better the hair looks in Vray.

user added image

Image is little bright but thinking I have to change the lighting when I set up the skin shader anyway so left it for now.

As you can seen done a lot of work on the back pack and pipes and tweaked the dress texture as all of these were MR shaders before. I still have to redo the eyes.

Boots are in but lacking details and full UV`s.

Next Task - Skin Shader.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 21-02-2014 at 01:14 AM.
# 54 21-02-2014 , 01:08 AM
Subscriber
Ok Face done me thinks - next is the eye details and redoing the eye shader.

user added image

user added image

# 55 22-02-2014 , 01:07 AM
Subscriber
Eye balls fixed and added the lasses - Have started the brows but they don`t look good right now hehehehe.
Also small fix on the lip colour.
user added image

# 56 22-02-2014 , 03:34 AM
The Nurb Herd
try adding some subsurface scatter.

# 57 23-02-2014 , 11:03 PM
Subscriber
OK I forgot to turn on the eye brows after all the work I did - Dame it - Oh well next render.

Vray is making the head show up through the hair (and looking grey) which is becoming a pain in the ass as it is one of the reasons I textured the back and top of the head. But I knew from day one you supposed to render the hair on its own layer so I hope that will fix it.

Dom there is sub surface - granted that last render did not show it greatly but look at the nostrials and you can see it. Main issue at mo is that its just a dome light and very low v-light.

user added image

Vray Head Test 01 - YouTube

Last edited by tweetytunes; 23-02-2014 at 11:49 PM.
# 58 24-02-2014 , 12:43 AM
Technical Director
She needs some eyelids. The nostrils still seem way too small for the size of her nose.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 59 24-02-2014 , 10:00 PM
Subscriber
Ok - got the boots done today - uv`ed, details added, and shadded up. Also got the inner mouth done (you`ll see more once I pose the face I think as right now its just the teeth you can see), turned on eye brows and went in and fixed the nostrils again - not sure what happened there as I made them bigger before but seems to have resorted back to the old size.

Time running out - Things to sort are - Arm SS Shadder, finish off backpack, dress details - And maybe get her in a pose.

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

Last edited by tweetytunes; 24-02-2014 at 10:37 PM.