Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-01-2014 , 12:26 AM

nCloth edge noise

hello. i'm making nCloth simulation and have troubles with the deformation on the edges. the first picture shows the start of the simulation. everything works good, until the edge of the upper part hits the bottom part (second picture), noise starts. at the end everything looks like crap. i've tried two presets - heavy denim and burlap. both times same result. scale values of the nucleus are adjusted correctly. i've tried to adjust damp and different resistanses values, but nothing helped.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-01-2014 , 04:28 PM
Technical Director
Check the collision thickness. The polys might be so close together the solver might think they're interpenetrating.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 06-01-2014 , 06:14 PM
i tried it already, increased for about 50% - same result.

# 4 07-01-2014 , 08:42 AM

i tried it already, increased for about 50% - same result.

maybe you should decrease it, instead