Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-03-2014 , 01:12 AM

Blend shape sliders not working please help

hi i'm having a problem and I cannot figure out what it is, someone please help.
here is whats going on. i made blend shapes 6 so far, so at first I thought I did something wrong because 1 out of 6 sliders were working correctly.so I started over.i was getting the same problem.so I did them individual and they work correctly, but I would rather have
them all together so I could blend 2 or more shapes together.in the images you can see how the sliders have no affect on the mesh until I move the first(Sad) slider,the same goes for all of the other sliders as well.i always have to move the first slider to get an affect on the mesh. user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-03-2014 , 07:25 AM
Subscriber
Which version of maya are you using? If you have an extension pack installed there is a blend shape bug with the extension release.

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 3 09-03-2014 , 10:00 AM
yeah I have the extension, so that is the problem of whats going on? thanks

FIXED:reinstalled maya 2014 without the extension,works perfect now,niceeeee.user added image

Last edited by eternalsoul2012; 09-03-2014 at 11:26 PM.
# 4 09-03-2014 , 12:47 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
what settings are you using when you create them?

# 5 09-03-2014 , 11:30 PM
I used the defaulf blend shape settings but it must have been the extension release,because when I reinstalled maya without the extension everything works perfect now,it was a really weird bug,thanks for getting back too me.i apprieciate it. oh and I heard that it has blend shape bugs but that was the first problem I had so far with the extension ,so I figured it was fixed.i wouldn't call that a bug,that was just strangeuser added image

Last edited by eternalsoul2012; 09-03-2014 at 11:34 PM.