Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 12-03-2015 , 04:43 AM

Maya material issue

When i export zbrush file to maya and if i apply blinn material to the model and render it with mental ray....it always gives me a white patches....it happens on phong and phong e....where as if i made a model in maya....and applied blinn material to it....it appears clear......i have attached an image below.......
user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 12-03-2015 , 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
Those look like parts of the body being appearing in the reflection. Go into the material's attributes and turn off/decrease the reflectivity.

- Genny
# 3 13-03-2015 , 08:52 AM
Thank you so much......it workeduser added image

# 4 13-03-2015 , 08:55 AM
Can you help me with this also please
When I export my model from zbrush to maya in .ma format, the model doesn't appear in maya....and instead gives an error massage.... "Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss".... please help​