Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-03-2015 , 05:08 AM

Black Mesh?

Okay so I'm an animation student and I am creating a short film in my animation class this semester. I was provided with building, props, etc...also ground and sky. I did what I was supposed to and imported the ground and sky, but when it showed up, part or all was black. Does anyone know how to solve this? Here are a couple of screenshots of what it looks like. Thanks in advance.

Edit: the first picture you can see the ground on the left hand side looks like there's craters but I just flipped it over because the other side was black.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-03-2015 , 06:40 AM
The thin red line
Looks like you have two sided lighting turned off, this will show black if your "normals" are flipped. Its just a case of flipping the normal.................dave