Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-11-2015 , 07:50 PM

maya 2016 clear history issue?

I'm working on a scene in 2016 and every time I clear history one or more assets displays wrong. I can't describe it besides whatever asset decides to do it, it gets covered in edge display, almost like it's been smoothed or converted (heavy edges). I attached a few pics, has anyone come across this or maybe it's a display issue with my hardware card.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 17-11-2015 , 12:38 AM
I sort of figured it out. I can't marquee select but if I do each individually it clears..fyi

# 3 17-11-2015 , 09:45 AM
Subscriber
I have had the same issue occurring on random occasions. I don't have a clue what's causing it but the way I have dealt with the problem is duplicating the object and deleting the original one. After doing that you can safely delete history.

# 4 17-11-2015 , 07:31 PM

I have had the same issue occurring on random occasions. I don't have a clue what's causing it but the way I have dealt with the problem is duplicating the object and deleting the original one. After doing that you can safely delete history.

Did you get the same result I get with the messed up mesh? Thanks for the help by the way..

# 5 18-11-2015 , 06:41 AM
Subscriber
Yes exactly the same result....but no idea why it sometimes happens

# 6 19-11-2015 , 12:36 PM

Yes exactly the same result....but no idea why it sometimes happens

Again, thanks for helping because your way works as well. I've been running into this a lot lately after I accrue a lot of history on an asset. I worked on something last night and my way of single deleting wouldn't work so I tried your method and it worked, saved my scene.user added image Autodesk needs to fix this, I sent a report to them.

# 7 19-11-2015 , 03:28 PM
Subscriber
glad I could be of help.

I still wonder what causes this error. Hope your report will help Autodesk fix it