Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-06-2003 , 11:11 AM

Newbie need expert help

Hi,

I've just finnish modelling my first character, skeletton and rigging is done. He moves fin in the position he is now. Now I'm excited to animate him, but when I tried to scale him or move him, his body got deformed.

I was wondering if any one could please tell me what went wrong.

Thanks

Lisa user added image

# 2 08-06-2003 , 11:15 AM
The Maya Mountain
you're not going to want to scale him unless you group him all together (model, skeleton, handles, everything) or you'll get weird deformaties.

You should only move your character by grabbing the root joint (usually the pelvis) and moving it. If you have IK Handles, you'll need to move them with it. What I usually do is group the root joint with any IK handles and aim, IK Vector locators I'm using in order to move the character as a whole around.

Hope that makes sense.

# 3 08-06-2003 , 11:20 AM
Oh, thank you! problem solve!!! The problem was I select only the modell and moved him, that's why he got deformed. But he coorparates now.

Thanks mtmckinley user added image

Lisa

# 4 09-06-2003 , 08:54 AM
I'm also wondering if there is any tutorials on how to use the graph when animate a character? I have been surfing around fro those tutorials, but can't find any? please help guys!

Cheers

Lisa

# 5 09-06-2003 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
Mike's character rigging tutorials from this site are really good (and I notice a new part has arrived too)- I have just built my first rig (not complete yet but on the way) using them and they are really clear and easy to follow. See the tournament section for some early posing using them. I also used the Maya Character Animation book as that has some good tips as well.