Originally posted by Phopojijo
1) (Newbie Questions) How would you go abouts turning an emitter (especially fire which appears to have a fixed emitting speed) on or off at various keyframes.
2) (Newbie Question) How would you go about creating and destroying (or showing and hiding) an object in a maya scene throughout various keyframes. (without keyframing the object to appear from behind the camera)
3) (IMO: Not newbie Question) How would you go about keyframing shader-changes in a Maya scene?
Say you have a beaker model in Maya, and you drop an object in it. A particle emitter turns on at that point to create a cloud raising upwards, the object disappears, and the fluid in the beaker changes from a blue to a red color. (Example which covers all 3 questions -- not the animation I'm using it for though :b)
1. I would keyframe the emitter rate.
2. I would keyframe the visibility of the object.
3. I would keyframe the shader's values.
Seems like you know what to do, so I'm not sure what you're looking for.