Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 16-06-2003 , 12:24 PM
Subscriber

Joint Project

I had this brain wave (brain fart) at the weekend which I thought might be a good idea if anyone was interested.

What I thought was that someone could dream up a little storyboard for an animation say 30-60 secs long and several people could be involved in producing it. That way it would give people something good to put in their portfolios and give them almost real life experience or working as a team on a 3D project. Using the capability of sending files via the internet (better if you got broadband) it could be done - I know it has been done since people who use my other 3D do this sort of thing.

Does this sound good? You could have say 4-6 people working on this two modelling, one rigging, one animating, one doing the FX and one acting as TD/Director etc.

Tell us what you think...

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 2 16-06-2003 , 07:25 PM
oh! pick me! I can model a simple man shape! :spam3:
haha, maybe in a few years I'll be good enough...sounds fun though user added image

Last edited by Cyborg Corp; 16-06-2003 at 07:28 PM.
# 3 17-06-2003 , 01:20 AM
Wow this sounds like it could be alot of fun. I'd be intrested but I don't know what kind of experience is required. Perhaps you could post some criteria.

________

- Jacob
# 4 17-06-2003 , 08:44 AM
Subscriber
Well, it could have various levels of experience - Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced but working as a team you could mix the talent. So you could have one experienced modeller and one not-so-experinced modeller, the same for animators the idea being that ALL could learn form each other and have fun!

I know this could work cos I just seen it happen again on my other forum. People from all over the world working together to create a short film. Generally people on their own (little old me) tend to make short 30 sec flicks which are better suited to the web but a longer flick with a team would be less demanding on an individual.

YES? NO? MAYBE? Am I talking outta me arse again?

Gazzamataz
# 5 20-06-2003 , 06:02 PM
Subscriber
Hey really good site you have going,,user added image

# 6 20-06-2003 , 06:04 PM
This was the general idea of the now defunct "co-op" challenge.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 7 20-06-2003 , 06:06 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by NitroLiq
This was the general idea of the now defunct "co-op" challenge.

Yep! aint it crazy!

# 8 22-06-2003 , 01:29 AM
Hi Gazzamataz,

Yep I'd be keen as!!!!!!!

Any involvement would be grand for me.

I'm a keen modeller (organic).

Check out my current wip 'Sorry, Just another male mesh'

re Jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....
# 9 23-06-2003 , 08:25 AM
Subscriber
R-Tillery said:

Hey really good site you have going,,

Gee fanks mate! I don't get much feedback on me site but when I do I seem to get good ones!user added image I like to try and keep it simple and sweet.

I am gonna be putting up another one pretty soon, nothing to do with Maya unfortunately, but its a pet project that I have been working on for the last couple of years. I have finally got the bottle to make it public! Although I am not gonna give the URL away yet...user added image

By the way I must have missed this one but what was the co-op challenge?

Gazzamataz
# 10 23-06-2003 , 12:28 PM
Subscriber
hey man i'd be in for some design or animtics if you need it even storyboarding i need some practice

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 11 23-06-2003 , 12:59 PM
Gazz,

The co-op challenge was exactly what you're proposing where you get several people to join together on one project. It's a great idea, actually, but no one seemed interested at the time so the forum was pulled. It wasn't really a competition or anything like that. ADL, George Castro, and myself even talked about doing one but unfortunately we all had (have) other priorities going on so it never happened.

That being said, I think it would be great if you guys did something! To make it challenging try some variations: Instead of having one person modeling, one person texturing, etc.....try tag-team modeling. One person gets a couple of days to model part of something, then the next adds to it, etc. Or decide on a scenario and each of you model different parts of the scene. You could also make it more challenging by having someone that may not be great at modeling, do the modeling and likewise with texturing, FX, etc. It could turn ugly but it could prove challenging and everyone could learn a lot in the process user added image At certain points in the project, you could meet up in IRC or whatever to discuss the things you've learned from one another.

Just some ideas...let us know if you guys get something going. Good luck!

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."