Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-08-2003 , 12:56 PM

curve problem

alright peeps. This has been bugging me for ages so I thought I'd see if you lot know what to do. Right, say I create a curve for the hull of a boat but only one half of it. I duplicate it, rotate it 180 to make it symmetrical, reverse curve direction and attach it to the original curve. It all seems alright until I try and scale the complete curve when only one half responds. But if I duplicate it, the new curve behaves normally. However, after lofting a group of these curves, I try rebuilding the NURBS shell and end up with one end detached from the other. I'll upload a pic tomoz if you can't see where I'm coming from.

# 2 18-08-2003 , 12:59 PM
The Maya Mountain
Delete the curve's history after attaching.

# 3 18-08-2003 , 01:02 PM
cheers for the quick reply. Only got 5 minutes till the IT manager cuts off me net connection. I'll try that out tonight. I think I may have already done that but might have done it to the lofted surface.

# 4 18-08-2003 , 01:03 PM
btw, seen a lot of your work and am a big fan.

# 5 18-08-2003 , 01:06 PM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks. user added image

Well, what you are describing is exactly what happens if you do not delete the history, so I'm pretty certain that will fix it.