Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 11-11-2003 , 04:06 PM
That is looking very good man. Keep up the good work.

# 17 11-11-2003 , 04:50 PM
Subscriber

pic # 7

I agree Chris but i couldnt seem to pull out the ears properly where i wanted them so modelled then seperately from a cube and ill merge them in when im happy with them.(you can send the $5 by paypal... shhhh!)
I have broadened the face and lowered the forehead and thats made quite a difference from the last pic i think, a lot happier now.
The lil pic in the corner is my reference pic Pony..obviously i have a larger one i printed out, i couldnt get a good side view , front view reference pics...etc ,so im kinda sculpting in limbo by extruding edges and merging vertices then lining up til im happy with their positions by comparing with the pic every once n a while.
Taking the ears over the hat now..might kinda be more recognisable as Gollum that way...hehe.

https://www.screameagles.com/gollum/gollum_07.jpg

"Hear That Thunder"!!
# 18 11-11-2003 , 04:55 PM
Subscriber

Thx!

Oh and a big thx for the advice and support guys, it certainly keeps one motivated.
user added image

"Hear That Thunder"!!
# 19 11-11-2003 , 06:12 PM
Subscriber
That looks a lot like him, nice stuff.

# 20 11-11-2003 , 06:26 PM
Ok, VERY NEWBIE, but I'm going to give it a try.
This will be my first head model....gotta start sometime, right?
I'm thinking of either Gimli as a cooking infomercial host, or Gollum as a Sherlock Holmes / Private Eye type.
Thoughts?

# 21 11-11-2003 , 06:44 PM
Subscriber
Interesting, but you might want to start your own thread.

# 22 11-11-2003 , 07:25 PM
Yep, sorry...see, I said I was very new.
Thanks

# 23 12-11-2003 , 04:23 AM
Subscriber
Nice one Chipper!
Looking really good.

# 24 12-11-2003 , 06:43 AM
Subscriber

pic # 8

Theres a lot going on in that creatures ears hehe... have merged them in but still some stuff to do in the ear department, they are quite tough i think.
Did a little render here , im gonna go ahead and start his coat in-between tweaking his features.

https://www.screameagles.com/gollum/gollum_08.jpg

"Hear That Thunder"!!
# 25 23-11-2003 , 06:27 PM
Subscriber
Still working on this although been busy with game mod stuff...havent rendered yet as still figuring the bump map, i seem to be going overboard with the wrinkles or not showing up enough, roughing out the coat at moment.
https://www.screameagles.com/gollum/gollum_09.jpg

"Hear That Thunder"!!
# 26 23-11-2003 , 07:31 PM
The Maya Mountain
Looking very nice. user added image You're on your way to being bumped to normal. lol Keep it up!

# 27 23-11-2003 , 09:09 PM
Subscriber
Wow, that indeed looks verry verry nice!! Keep it up!

# 28 23-11-2003 , 09:18 PM
Subscriber
Looking great Chipper!
No crits here, keep it up user added image
LOL, the mods are on to you, maybe newb for not too much longer user added image

# 29 25-11-2003 , 09:31 AM
Subscriber

pic#10

LOl...tell u what Chris , ill go up to normal if you go up to wutever class is after that..hows that? user added image ......the modelling side of things i think i can handle as it can always be tweaked better n better...its the shaders i really have a prob with...trying to take it all in too quick though i think and i lose myself from time to time.
I'v been trying out the layered shader to no avail yet ..i tried phongs and it was just too shiny and i couldnt get it down enough ,so for this try i will do my best with what i know already, i think.
Having a go at the bump map..this is my third try from scratch and im getting depths where i want them tho i wanted to use specular as well but cant see the option in a blinn type material?...thats why i wanted the phong originally.
Heres an update..i think hes aged about 25 years which is good, tho gotta age a little more yet, thanks for the comments peepz. user added image

https://www.screameagles.com/gollum/gollum_10.jpg

Bit too linear under the eyes i know..working on that a bit more and of course the coat.

"Hear That Thunder"!!
# 30 25-11-2003 , 04:08 PM
Subscriber
I think you're doing a fantastic job on that model!

If that is "noob" work then anything I post from now on will be in a "embrionic-not-yet-even-noob" category. user added image

Good stuff.

That'll do donkey... that'll do...