Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-12-2003 , 05:43 PM

first character

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have dabbled off and on in 3d Max 3 for a while, but never had a chance to focus on 3d due to music or web projects. I do civil design in the day, and now my nights are dedicated to MAYA so I can eventually work on a game or any project for free (to start of course) user added image to get my foot in the door. I have been reading this post for a while now, and finally have the beginings of a model. I have learned a lot from the tuts, thanks!!!

Well, here is my first ROUGH character - any comments? I made this Saturday. It is rigged, except for controlling the fingers ;(

I am WAY embarassed to show it at this point, but I see others are doing so, so here I go.

I thought I would share it even though it is far from finished.
I am a noob =)

I am in the process of assigning vertexes to of the skin to the joints to clean up deformations. I love this site! Is there an easy way to align the rotation of the joints (x,y,z) in 5.0 without a script?

Thanks for the opportunity!

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by strobe7; 02-12-2003 at 08:51 PM.
# 2 03-12-2003 , 01:31 AM
good start user added image
the fingers are good
the only thing that bothers me is the crevace in the chest
but other than that it looks like a good start
user added image

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 3 03-12-2003 , 12:39 PM
Thanks for the comment. I am hoping to eventually add a green raised zipper-like thingy along the front of the character and down the length of the arms to convey that this is where the suit joins. It was seamless (subdiv) and I extruded the faces for this reason. Maybe I should have left it smooth. I will put an update up soon. Thanks.

Lungs not guns....
# 4 04-12-2003 , 12:48 AM
That's a great first model....and no worries on the I am a noob and cannot model well.....look at me....I am a closet modeller....but then again I prefer inorganic to organic modelling

btw...moving this to WIP :bgreen: user added image