Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 20-03-2006 , 05:50 PM
Subscriber

Landscapes

Don't think so, and I don't know any tuts to refer you do. I do mostly machines and vehicles.

A lot of people use Vue for doing landscapes, since that's what it is designed for, and it's almost stupid easy to use, but it's not cheap . . . well . . . OK . . . compared to Maya it's cheap. Most of the people I know who do landscapes use either that or Max. But . . . I could envision (in Maya) setting up plane, using a noise modifier to make the ground uneven, and using a combination of textures and displacement maps to simulate trees and foliage (if looking at things from an aerial view) or making the foliage out of nurbs if from a ground view. Hope this helps.

# 17 24-03-2006 , 02:57 AM
I'm not really sure of the depth you are looking for in a landscaping tutorial. If you're looking for a way to create hills and mountains and stuff, I would suggest going to Michael McKinley's website at mtmckinley.net. He has a (free)tutorial on the wire tool. I use it for blocking out the major shapes of all of the features of any landscape I make. It's really pretty easy.