Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 20-01-2004 , 06:34 PM
I'm glad you liked it. I'll see what I can do about converting to quick time... user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 17 20-01-2004 , 10:54 PM

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 18 21-01-2004 , 11:06 AM
Hi,

I'm pretty new on this forum (and maya), anyway there is often a lot of avi's I can't see because I'm missing a codec, among them is this.
Which codec is it? And how can I get it?

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 19 21-01-2004 , 12:39 PM
yup that's cool, thanks for the QT. I like it he's got character he's walking as though he's in a hurry to get somewhere and do something which is really cool. I like the secondary animation on the belly and the hair, but I think that the belly should have some more up and down motion, it seems to have a lot of side to side motion at the moment. The hair is cool, but I think it doesnt behave enough like hair. I dont know how to explain it but it doesnt seem to fit in with the rest of the animation. It almost feels like cloth rather than hair. I know it's got a cartoony look to it and photoreal hair isnt what you want... but I think that there could be a better solution....

Just my thoughts user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 20 21-01-2004 , 02:50 PM
Thanks for your input, Alan. There isn't much I can do about the belly and hair behaviour unless I try some totally different approach (any suggestions?). Currently I'm using the jiggle deformer. I had to cut down the secondary motion even more now that I made the elf actually move forward rather than walking in place. The mesh gets very easily screwed up...

jakwag: the above .mov is quick time movie and the .avi files in the first page are divx/mp3. I have to go back to divx/mp3 because qt just takes too much disk space user added image

here's an updated version. Not much has changed. He is now moving forward on a ground plane plus I played a bit with the background in AE:
https://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/karppa/temp/elfWalkTest5.avi

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 21 22-01-2004 , 12:38 AM
Subscriber
Can I export it into a .mov with divx? looks great

An idea is delicate.
It can be killed by a sneer or yawn,
It can be stabbed to death by a joke
Or worried to death by a frown
On the right persons brow.
-Charles Browers

Last edited by NNY Design; 19-03-2004 at 01:08 AM.
# 22 22-01-2004 , 10:11 AM
not likely, you can encode an avi to qt but you will lose quality with ever conversion.

As for the hair I will have a think about how it could be done...

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 23 22-01-2004 , 01:57 PM
Subscriber
This looks great. Beard look is awesome but may need some deforming. I think kbrown already mentioned he had jiggle on it. Anyways is there a script you guys can post if possible?

Keep up the good work.

# 24 23-01-2004 , 01:18 PM
Very nice work.....kinda reminds me of an uncle of mine....LMAO....

...tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I.

https://sky.prohosting.com/spyd01/