Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 08-07-2004 , 02:41 AM

Creature Model

hey - seeking comments critiques for this guy who i plan to animate. he's sorta a frankenstein creature -no eyes, i plan to have him either be a dark hero type like Scissorhands or just a spazzy little gimpy guy, any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 08-07-2004 , 03:33 AM
Looks pretty good so far.. only thing might want to watch the skin under the shoulders just around the pecks, they are a bit wide.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 08-07-2004 , 06:24 AM

ninjas everywhere

updates:

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 08-07-2004 , 06:26 AM
_

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 08-07-2004 , 10:59 AM
Subscriber
oeeh nice!.....like the modeling you did.

keep it up user added image

# 6 08-07-2004 , 02:21 PM
Yeah, looks very cool!! Nice work, keep it up!! user added image

-------------------------------------------
# 7 08-07-2004 , 05:46 PM
Awesome model so far bahearn81! user added image I am looking forward to seeing more of your updates on this guy! I kind of think it would be cool if he had some sort of eyes though...but I still like it even without! user added image I just have one question though...what is that nail suspended in the air above his arm for? Will it also be put somewhere into his body or not?

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 8 08-07-2004 , 06:08 PM
Damn brian, you got one sick mind. The model is looking great though, and is that a all gag in his mouth haha. Are you getting your ideas from dimeat? Keep up the good work bud.

-Brocolli

# 9 08-07-2004 , 07:22 PM
Thanks guys ;] ya the eyes bug me, but then if i add real eye balls theyd look like bug eyes, so i think ill go the jack skellington way with just dark concave (smart person word yay ;]) eyes. and that floating nail was just me being lazy and not deleting it. and yah thats a ball gag, caue that way... no lip synching haha. no, i really just wanted him to be silenced, like hes always suferring, that why it will be ironic when he turns out to be a good guy. um.... dynomite!

# 10 08-07-2004 , 07:23 PM
relect brouses 2004 ;]

# 11 08-07-2004 , 08:04 PM
Kevin
dam dude your a morbid old sod !

try not to make it with to much detail until you have you basic shape done more - like around the eyes etc

# 12 08-07-2004 , 09:26 PM

texture

;] through on a texture, probably will darken in the eye sockets, suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 08-07-2004 , 10:49 PM
Technical Director
Looks cool. But man... REALLY old braces :p Good work man!

P.S. and whats that nail doing in the air?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 14 10-07-2004 , 03:05 AM
Cool, I really love the texture you put on it! I think he would look kind of neat if you have him in with maybe a brown or olive-green deteriorated kind of color, making him almost look like a "zombie." user added image Also, thanks for explaining to me about the nail thing...lol, sometimes I can get lazy when creating models and artworks too. :p I will occasionally do the part that I enjoy doing the most first, then do the most boring part last....or if I do not feel like fixing something I messed up on, I will just leave it and fix it later. user added image Also, the eyes idea was just a suggestion...I was thinking more along the lines of mechanical eyes though...but I understand why you don't want to add eyes. It probably would look too much like doll eyes anyway.... lol!! He still looks really awesome! Keep up the great work! user added image

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)

Last edited by CGPMaya84; 10-07-2004 at 03:10 AM.
# 15 10-07-2004 , 05:24 AM

;]

Yah I do the same thing, skip to the parts I like then first then do the boring parts last... or just start a new project lol:bored: but i do that like 73% less now, so yay. and yah i got randomn crap all over my scene when im still building it till i delelte it, it's less efficient that way ;] im almost done with him though, the eyes still seem incompletet though, i keep going back and forth with teh empty eye idea or filled. ill probabyl try ur robotic eye idea ;] like that thnig that popped out in jedi. :p i also think i might cut off one of his arms and give him like a hook thing mc-claw-hand.