Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-10-2004 , 07:13 PM
Subscriber

Instancing Animations

When Insancing an animated object ( Like a Bat Flyiing) to a particle system (to make many Bats flying). Is there some kind of Expreddion or something that I can put on the particles to have each particle start on a randome frame of the bats timeline.

Or do I just have to animate more than one bat and have them randomly instanced to the particles.

# 2 27-10-2004 , 10:05 PM
As far as I know, you have to do the latter of the 2. Sorry.

# 3 26-11-2004 , 04:14 PM
depends on if you have the animation set using expressions (which is what I'd do) or use a combination of pre-animated stuff and a multiplier on the instance which controls thge "flap-rate" and then when you instance you can add a per particle attribute and have that control the speed of the wings....

:bandit:
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 29-11-2004 , 05:52 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the feedback I'm still new to Particles and dynamics. And I am EXTREMELY new to Expresions and properly assigning perparticle attributes but I thanks for your help I will try this out and see if I can get it to work.

P.S. If you know any good tutorials where I can learn more about these please let me know. I have most of the VFX tuts from this page and will rewatch them because I know they cover this but if there is a more expanded learning tool I would be much obliged.